1. KEEP MOVING! when you’re taking breaks in between your zumba or salsa class in order to keep your heart rate up. Repeat the moves you’ve learnt or walk on the spot to maintain the continuity in your workout.
2. TIME YOURSELF! When you’re walking or swimming and try to cover more kiolmetres or laps in the same amount of time each day!
3. RIVAL YOUR WORKOUT BUDDY! AND DON’T JUST TRAIN WITH THEM! By trying to achieve the best times, both you and your workout buddy can compete with each other, not just with yourself!
4. ADD SOME INCLINE! To your walking route by finding some hills or stairs- and you shouldn’t stop there!Add an incline bench when you’re pumping some weights and put one foot on a step when you’re squatting and lunging for a more intense workout.
5. Take longer strides When you’re walking which will up the tempo of your walk as well as work out your glutes, hamstrings and calves.
6. INCREASE YOUR WEIGHTS To challenge your muscles and improve your strength. Remember the reps you do in weightlifting should be challenging in order for you to make the most of your workout.